Restoration of the Hudson Opera House in Hudson, NY
When the building was planned and built in 1855 the intention was to have some storefront space to generate rental income. The space may have initially been a pharmacy (a stoneware jug from 1862 was labeled as Geo. Storrs, Druggist, City Hall, Hudson) and then beginning in 1869 was leased to the First National Bank of Hudson. By the 1930s the space was taken over for the City Clerk’s office. This was the first room restored and re-opened in the building, with a ribbon cutting at the first Winter Walk in 1997. It is now in frequent use for concerts, lectures and community gatherings.
Read Full Article